The Rock Enrichment Academy LLC Handbook
The Rock Enrichment Academy LLC (TREALLC) was founded as a means to provide home-schooling children a set of classes that:
- Are conveniently located and affordable,
- Cater to all ages of children in the family,
- Encourage the development of lasting friendships,
- Provide a group setting and group interaction,
- May require specially trained teachers, and
- Provide enrichment to the child’s home education.
TREALLC is not intended to replace home-schooling done at home, but rather to enhance each family’s home education program.
Schedule, Format, and Classes
Days and Times
Most campuses will meet from 9:00-2:30 throughout the year, with the exception of our South Austin location which will meet 9:30-2:30. Please drop your child/children off by 8:45/9:15 at the earliest and pick them up by 2:30. Students will be taken to the designated pick up or walk-up area at 2:25. If you need to speak to a director or a specific teacher, please send a message through the Brightwheel app, or please be prepared to wait until the end of carpool to have your discussion.
Drop-Off and Pick-up
Children will only be released to the people on the enrollment form. Please make sure that this information is current. If someone unexpected must pick up your child, we will require a note or phone call from you. TREALLC will charge a $25 late pick-up fee if you are later than 2:45, unless otherwise approved by the director.
Late drop off or early pick up
Please notify us ahead of time if you will be dropping your child off later than 9AM/9:30AM or picking up before 2:25 PM. We understand that sometimes doctor appointments or travel may affect your schedule. To cause the least disruption for the students please drop off or pick up during class change times or lunch/recess.
Assembly/Homeroom is from 9AM – 9:15AM/9:30AM-9:45AM. This time is important because we discuss current issues on the campus and any special instructions for the day. Please realize if your child arrives after 9AM/9:30AM they miss out on these instructions and will take class time away from the other students if instructions need to be repeated. Homeroom is also the time the students recite the Bible verse for the week.
If you need to arrive after 9:15, please please send a message through the Brightwheel app. If emergencies come up you can contact Mrs. Turner via voice or text message on her cell phone (512) 584-4179) during the school day.
K-6th Groups for the School Year
Students will be broken into 4 groups by grade: Kindergarten/Early First, First/Second Grade, Third/Fourth Grade, and Fifth/Sixth Grade. These grades are guidelines only. Since we operate with 4 classes and 5 grades, the group grades can change based on enrollment numbers. If you have any concerns related to the placement of your child, please contact the directors. For the Kindergarten group, your child should be 5 by September 1, but exceptions can be made based on the maturity and abilities of the child.
Classes will be taught:
- by passionate, creative teachers
- to promote group interaction, discussion, and team-work
- in a stimulating, hands-on environment, encouraging a love of learning
Guest Speakers: We may have guest speakers visit during Character Building class time. Parents will be informed via email the week before the event.
Classes are set up for a whole school year (a total of 9 months with 35 class days). However, if inclement weather occurs and the Public Schools are closed, The Rock Enrichment Academy LLC will be closed also.
- Classes will not be held Thanksgiving week.
- Classes will not be held during public school Christmas break.
- Classes will observe public school Spring Break.
Details can be found on the Financial Agreement page.
Tuition will not be adjusted for missed classes.
Tuition is due the first week of the month.
Each additional child in a family will receive a $5.00 discount on monthly tuition.
The monthly fee is due by the first class in which the student is enrolled of the month with a late fee of $25.00 collected after the 10th of each month.
Supply fees, registration fee, and first-month tuition will not be refunded for any reason. Please see the Withdrawal policy below.
Drop/Add and Withdrawals
The period of enrollment shall be for the entire school year or, in the case of a student entering after the school year has begun, from the date of admission to the last day of school. Cancellation must be made 30 days prior to withdrawal. Written notice or acknowledged email is required. Verbal notification is not accepted. Tuition for the following month will still be charged when cancellation notice is less than 30 days. For example, if you withdraw your child on September 3rd, October tuition is still due. Failure to pay fees and tuition will result in dismissal from the program.
Most communication from teachers and the program will be done via email. This helps keep administrative costs down.
Parents are expected to support and facilitate their child’s learning through the program by supporting and helping with any homework assignments, practicing instruments for music and/or rehearsals for performances held on the last day of school.
TREALLC encourages open communication between teachers and parents, teachers and students, the directors and parents, and the directors and students. Parents are expected to voice any concerns or questions to TREALLC Directors. Teachers and the TREALLC Directors are expected to voice any concerns or questions to parents. Communication shall be verbal, email, or written Incident Report (ask the directors for the form).
We do not provide report cards or progress reports. You are welcome to speak with the directors or the teachers after carpool pick up at the end of the day to discuss your child’s progress.
Sometimes it is necessary for parents and students to meet with the directors. This can be requested by the directors or the parents. These meetings will ideally be scheduled for before or after classes on a scheduled class day. On rare occasion, the meeting will be scheduled for another day of the week. Both directors and at least one parent and the student will be present for these meetings.
All students should wear their blue The Rock Enrichment Academy t-shirts for all class days and school-sponsored events. Extra shirts are available for purchase upon request.
Boys may wear pants or shorts. Girls may wear jumpers, pants, shorts, skirts (girls should wear leggings or shorts under skirts) or skorts. Athletic wear of modest length is acceptable as long as it is free of tears, distracting design, and color, logos and cartoon characters. No sports team apparel, no over-sized or tight-fitting bottoms. Students should wear tennis shoes in order to safely participate in P.E. activities and recess. No boots, sandals, hard black soles, or crocs, unless prearrangements are made and the student brings a pair of shoes for P.E. class.
TREALLC reserves the right to make a final determination of what dress is appropriate.
- Students are expected to participate in class discussions, presentations, and abide by all teacher directions.
- Students are expected to complete all homework assignments and come prepared with all folders, notebooks, and supplies (see supply list).
- No outside food or drink is allowed in the classroom unless brought by the teacher of that class, for a class project, or for a birthday (please seek approval by the director first).
- Students are expected to walk quietly in and between buildings during class, never leaving an area of instruction without specific permission.
- All supplies, water bottles, backpacks, lunch boxes, coats, etc. are to be labeled with the student’s name.
- Students keep backpacks and all belongings with them or in a safe place at all times.
- No running, yelling, horseplay, profanity, or disrespectful behavior is allowed.
- No weapons (play or real), knives, or any other item that could lead to danger. If any item causes disruption, it will be taken by the director or teachers and returned to the parent.
- No iPads, iPods, mp3 players, CD players, or other personal entertainment devices (e.g. PSP) may be used during school hours.
- If the student brings a toy specifically for “show and tell” or a class assignment, it may only be taken out of the backpack during the designated class time or during recess time (if permitted by the homeroom teacher). All other toys should be left at home. This is to include playing cards and games.
- Cell phones should either be turned off or on vibrate if expecting a call. If expecting an emergency call, let the teacher know before class.
- All students should be in class at all times. Students are NEVER permitted to roam the building alone.
- Students are to leave all areas neater than you found them.
- Cheating and bullying will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the program.
- Any accidents should be reported immediately to the available teacher or director.
- If you have a student with special needs, please notify the director and/or teachers before classes begin. Special needs include food allergies, asthma, or other academic and/or social differences.
- WE ARE NOT A PEANUT-FREE ENVIRONMENT.
- If your child carries an EpiPen for emergency allergic reactions, we must have a signed medical release on file. All allergies should also be clearly indicated.
- We are not equipped to handle children with any other severe special needs and/or behavior problems.
- Students are expected to be in their classes on time. Late arrivals disrupt the class. For exceptions please notify the director via email (or text the morning of).
- Forms of discipline may include warnings, corrections, fines, probation, suspension or dismissal.
- A warning and correction will be given first in most instances. If an incident report is written for your child, you will receive via notification through the Brightwheel app. Please contact the director should you need to discuss the incident.
- Parents will be informed of the situation if a warning and correction do not correct the behavior.
- If necessary, a student may be sent out of class and parents called to come to pick them up.
- At the discretion of the directors, some offenses can result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- Fines will not exceed the cost to repair or replace property damaged by the student.
- Probation may involve loss of privileges and exclusions from activities.
- All situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The student and parent must accept any disciplinary measures or be dismissed from the program without a refund (see refund clause).
Do not bring children to the program if they have had a fever, diarrhea, vomiting, or other contagious conditions in the last 24 hours.
If the weather is bad enough for the public schools to close, we will be closed.
All students shall bring a water bottle marked with their name for the school day. All students shall bring a sack lunch marked with their name. Sodas are not allowed.
Lunches may only be eaten in the permitted lunchroom at the permitted time.
No food allowed in any other parts of the building.
If a parent would like to bring a treat to share with their child’s class that day, we ask that you drop off the treat in the lunchroom and the lunch monitors will distribute the treats at lunchtime. Please bring individual serving items, cupcakes or cake that has already been cut. The lunch monitors usually do not have time to cut and distribute an item. Your understanding and help with this is appreciated. Birthday invitations may be passed out at school if everyone in the class will be receiving one.
The contact information you provided on your enrollment form may be published in our Family Directory and will be available to other families by request. This information should be used for birthday party invites or to set up play times outside of our normal class days. TREALLC is not responsible if the information is used for any other purpose.
Revised September 4, 2019