Welcome to November!
Lots of reminders from previous editions (scroll down to the bottom for links to previous newsletters):
- Portrait orders are due 11/5 (THIS FRIDAY)–check your inbox for access instructions. If you never received those instructions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the campus your student attends and we will get you going. All make-up photos taken have been uploaded. We are missing a couple CPW students, which will be completed and uploaded tomorrow (11/2).
- We are still taking orders for gear! Ms. Jay-Turner will have a gear table set up during our book fair (11/15-11/19) for you to purchase directly! Contact her with questions- email@example.com. This will also include student-created Christmas cards if they haven’t sold out (more information below)
- All students need to come with a filled spill-proof water bottle each week! Please notice the “spill proof” part, haha! Some kiddos had a rough time last week and we cleaned up lots of water
- If you’re on the CPW campus, we have ONE MORE week of being displaced. Pick up is in the loop closest to the sanctuary. Please pull in to the right, loop around the cones, and then create TWO rows for pick up so we can keep our families OFF 1431. Teachers were trying to direct traffic last week and we had SO many parents on their phones that it was rough for all of us!
- If your student takes medication at any point throughout the day/brings medication to campus, please know that we need to know this! Let us know if you need an Authorization to Administer Medication form or have questions/need clarification. This keeps all of us safe!
And, on to the new stuff!
Our annual calendar has been updated to reflect Christmas Concerts (12/13 for RR, 12/14 for CPW), a date for our Annual Blessing Bags event (12/9 at CPW, but for ALL campuses), and some fun weeks ahead–this week is Crazy Sock week, next Crazy Hat week, and then we have our Favorite Book Character Dress Up week and Book Fair 11/15-11/19! Check our the updates and check back later for more! Times for Christmas performances will be announced soon!
As of right now, CPW campus is still hesitant to allow large, indoor events–likely the concert will be recorded and shared with parents after the fact. If that changes, we will let everyone know!
Speaking of Blessing Bags! We are revamping our annual event! This will include a potluck and assembling bags to gift to the homeless population in our area. Each student will get to assemble their own bag to be able to give away. More information can be found on the event’s page! The supplies for this event are gathered through donations–a list of needed donations can also be found on the information page.
Support our non-profit–which funds our scholarship program for TREA families–by purchasing student-created cards! More information can be found on the Holiday Cards page!
Finally! If you’re new to The Rock, welcome! All newly registered families should have received an email from me with Google Classroom information AND a separate email inviting them to log in to their student’s @therockenrichmentacademy.org account.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help with Google Classroom–we provide SO much information via Classroom that we don’t want you to miss out!