There is a poster contest deadline Due Fri., March 31, 2017.
Although we won’t have time to make them in class I will be here for any help or support our artists need. I encourage students to try out art contests. They are a great way to apply their skills!!!
Flood Safety Poster Contest
The City of Austin is holding its annual Flood Safety Poster Contest. Kids, grades 1 to 8, can enter their posters, illustrating the theme, “Save Yourself! Turn Around – Don’t Drown,” and have a chance to win several great prizes.
This contest is an important way to educate students about the risk of flooding that we all face in Central Texas. Flooding is Austin’s top weather-related emergency and the number-one cause of weather-related fatalities.
Gift card for $100, $75, $50 and $25, for 1st through 4th place winners respectively
Ride on Lady Bird Lake in a swift water rescue boat with an emergency responder
Photo of previous contest winners on boat ride.
- 8 ½ by 11 paper, brightly colored, in landscape orientation.
- Encourages people to turn around and not drive through flooded roads.
- Either “Save Yourself! Turn Around – Don’t Drown” or “¡Sálvate! Es mejor regresarse – que ahogarse” should be the headline.
- Due Fri., March 31, 2017 (in our hands, not post-marked).
- Download Guidelines Flyer or Concurso de Pósters.
Information to Include on Back of Poster
- Child’s name and grade
- Parent’s or guardian’s name, phone number, email and address
- School and teacher’s name, phone number and email
- Mail to City of Austin, WPD, Attn: Joan Esquivel, P.O. Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767
- Drop off at One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, 12th Floor, Austin, TX 78704
- Must be received by March 31, 2017
Note: Artwork will become the property of the City of Austin and will not be returned.
- Grades 1 and 2
- Grades 3 to 5
- Grades 6 to 8